CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS – EXCELLENCE CONFERENCE 2019
MARCH 12 – MARCH 15, 2019
Hyatt Regency Orange County, Garden Grove, California
We’re looking for Excellence
If you have an interesting presentation idea, the Center for Public Safety Excellence invites you to submit an application for our Call for Presentations. By submitting a presentation, you can help shape the educational content of the CPSE Excellence Conference in March 2019, and lead the fire and emergency service to excellence. If selected as a conference speaker, you will gain visibility in the industry and contribute to the advancement of your profession.
Complete the abstract application and return no later than 5:00 pm EDT, July 31, 2018.
Decade of Transformation
The theme of the 2019 conference is A Decade of Transformation. In addition to our bootcamp tracks, speakers are asked to craft presentations based on learning priorities identified in our recent CPSE Education Strategic Plan. They are as follows:
- Measurement of Organizational Progress
- Community Risk Reduction Program
- Documentation of Area Characteristics
- Current Deployment and Performance
- Plan for Maintaining & Implementing Response Capability
- Data, Statistics, and Analysis
- All Hazard Risk Assessment & Response Strategies
- Strategic Planning
- Physical Resource Planning
- Ethics & Culture – Integrity/Honor
- Interpersonal Skills
- Continual Learning
- Measurement of Organizational Progress
- Plan for Maintaining & Improving Response Capability
- Goals and Objectives
The Evaluation Process
Members of the Conference Education Planning Committee will evaluate all proposed programs based on the following criteria:
- Overall quality
- Relevance and timeliness to the fire and emergency service community
- Well-defined focus based on the education priorities noted above
- Practical applications of material
- Speaker qualifications.
To be considered as a speaker, your program must be informative in nature — focusing on not just solutions or outcomes but how would one implement this in their own jurisdiction.
Your presentation material must be original; otherwise, reference your sources. In the case of two speakers, each speaker must agree to the submission. Sessions may not include sales, commercialization, or product promotion of any kind. Incomplete program submissions will not be considered.
The final program selections will be made in mid-September. You will be notified only if your program is selected.
Your proposal should embrace the education priorities noted above, how you or your organization has addressed these priorities, and how they have transformed or are transforming your organization.
Please specify the education priority you will address. CPSE is looking for presentations of 60 and 90 minutes in length, including a brief session for question and answer. Sessions are limited to no more than two presenters.
Individuals invited to present at the Excellence Conference will receive a complimentary full conference registration valued at $695.
Steps for Submitting your Program Idea
To be considered, your abstract must:
- Provide your complete contact information
- Provide information on your presentation including:
- The title
- A brief description
- At least 3 specific course objectives, learning outcomes, or specific skills attendees can expect to gain from your presentation. Presentations must address process, solutions, and outcomes. The theme for this year is A Decade of Transformation. We want attendees to leave with high-level, tangible process and solutions to their challenges – whether it’s credentialing or agency accreditation.
- Indicate length of presentation.
- Breakdown your presentation by how much time you will need for the following:
- Identify specifically the education priority(s) being addressed in your presentation.
- Identify the level of your presentation.
- Indicate the target audience.
- Provide a brief professional biography for each presenter (maximum of two).
- Confirm that you will submit your completed presentation no later than January 15, 2019, for inclusion in the mobile app and conference program.