Request for Qualifications
Content and Curriculum Development
Center for Public Safety Excellence
Date of Release: April 20, 2020
RESPONSE DATE: May 14, 2020 by 5pm Eastern
This Request for Qualifications (RFQ), issued by the Center for Public Safety Excellence (CPSE), is seeking to identify potential organizations to develop content and curriculum for educational programs.
CPSE is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) corporation. We are an international technical organization that works with the most progressive fire and emergency service agencies and most active fire and emergency service professionals. Our mission is to lead the fire and emergency service to excellence through the continuous quality improvement process of accreditation, credentialing, and education.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Interested parties must prepare and submit all required documents no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern on May 14, 2020 to email@example.com with “RFQ-10th Edition Education” in the subject line.
Late proposals will not be reviewed. Questions about the submission should be sent at least three days in advance of the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPSE currently offers a three-day in-person Quality Improvement through Accreditation workshop that is a basic level course covering the three required documents for accreditation (Community Risk Assessment/Standards of Cover, Strategic Plan, and Self-Assessment). Additionally, a four-hour web-based Peer Assessment class is provided to prepare individuals to become peer assessors.
CPSE is looking for an organization with experience in the following areas, at a minimum:
- Instructional system design and development
- ANSI/IACET 1- 2018 standards
- Graphic design and publication
- Web-based learning environments
- Project management
- Subject matter expert coordination
- Fire and emergency services
CPSE expects the organization to deliver the following, at a minimum:
- Content development in collaboration with CPSE subject matter experts
- Learning objectives
- PowerPoint slide decks (that can be easily edited in the future)
- Instructor guides (that can be easily edited in the future)
- Student workbooks (that can be easily edited in the future)
- Learning application activities
- Learning assessment tools
- Content packaged for multiple delivery formats (webinar, e-learning, etc.)
Responses to this RFQ will, at a minimum, identify the following:
- Complete submission package including the RFQ questionnaire
- Identify key team members that will be assigned to this project and their knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum of three examples of prior projects that are similar in scope to our project as well as references for these prior projects that we may contact
- A rate sheet showing a breakdown of costs for the various parts of this project
Following receipt of responses to this RFQ, CPSE will review all complete submittals. Web meetings will be held with organizations shown to have the desired skills and experience as noted above and as demonstrated in the written questions. From there, CPSE will select an organization with which to develop a detailed scope of work. Once the scope of work is finalized, CPSE will initiate a professional services agreement process.