The Center for Public Safety Excellence (CPSE) is monitoring COVID-19 matters on an ongoing basis relying on verified sources and expert recommendations. CPSE understands the current situation is extremely fluid and the safety of you, your agency personnel, and communities are the priority.
Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. CPSE is taking the following steps to ensure our continuity of operations and the safety of our staff, agencies and officers, contractors, and volunteers:
- All in-person workshops have been rescheduled to no earlier than July 6, 2020.
- No in-field technical advisor work will occur prior to August 17, 2020.
- All non-essential staff travel for 2020 has been cancelled.
- Headquarters staff is teleworking part of the week. We have the infrastructure in place to telework without significant delays or disruptions. Meetings will be conducted virtually, and the CPSE team continues to be available via phone and email.
- The August 2020 Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI) hearings have been cancelled. This message outlines how specifically your agency may be affected by this cancellation.
- A 90-day grace period for officers seeking redesignation is in place.
CPSE is committed to working with our agencies seeking accreditation/reaccreditation and officers seeking designation/redesignation with maximum flexibility in the coming months. Please reach out to program staff if you have any questions. We know you are on the frontlines of responding to this global pandemic and we want you to know that CPSE has your back.
Preet Bassi, CAE
CPSE Chief Executive Officer